The American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) was founded in 1990. ACCE is committed to enhancing the profession of clinical engineering. With members in the United States and abroad, the ACCE is the only internationally recognized professional society for clinical engineers.
- To establish a standard of competence and to promote excellence in clinical engineering practice.
- To promote safe and effective application of science and technology in patient care.
- To define the body of knowledge on which the profession is based.
- To represent the professional interests of clinical engineers.
The ACCE is building a strong profession, a credible profession, a dynamic and flexible profession. ACCE membership gives you advantages that will enhance your career now and for many years to come by:
- Giving you access to a network of experts and peers
- Representing your interests to legislators and regulatory agencies
- Giving you instant access to valuable technical information via the ACCE bulletin board
- Providing up-to-date information, via our newsletter and web page, so critically needed in the rapidly changing healthcare environment
- Engaging in special projects from time to time such as the Advanced Clinical Engineering Workshops
- Providing an opportunity to share your expertise with other professionals
- Discounted registration to major conference as AAMI, HIMSS, IFMBE
- Discounted registration rate for ACCE educational offers
- Discounted subscription for JCE journal
- Free access to IFMBE/Springer publishings: Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, IFMBE Proceedings, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, Cardiovascular Engineering, Health and Technology